EMBA FOR A DAY!
Join us for the extraordinary opportunity to attend one of our EMBA courses for a day! Join us in the USI Executive Center and enjoy a coffee while you get to know our professors and other participants!
Two courses options are offered this session: Human Resource Management and Managerial Economics.
Human Resource Management
• Learn how to implement an effective system of obtaining, mobilizing, and managing your organizations human assets
• Strategically leverage human capital and use it as a competitive advantage
• Improve recruiting, reducing the outflows of personnel within an organization and properly manage retention
Thursday, 14th September / 10:00 – 12:30
Friday, 15th September / 8:30 – 12:30
Saturday 16th September / 8:30 – 12:30
Sunday, 17th September / 8.30 – 12.30
Filippo Carlo Wezel
PhD in Management, University of Bologna (Italy), 2002
Besides regularly presenting his work at international conferences, Filippo has delivered seminars at: Duke University and University of Chicago (USA); INSEAD (UAE); SKEMA and Lille (France); Carlos III University and Pompeu Fabra University (Spain); Linköping University (Sweden); Copenhagen Business School (Denmark); City University and Durham Business School (UK); University of Lille (France); University of Antwerpen (Belgium); University of Groningen and Utrecht University (NL); Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Hong Kong Polytechnic (Hong Kong); USI Lugano (Switzerland); Bocconi University (Italy) and University of Trento (Italy); Johannes Kepler University, University of Linz (Austria); DUID DIME winter conference (as keynote)
• Master the basic tools of microeconomic analysis and apply them to business decision making
• Have a clear understanding of how firms price their products depending on their cost structure and the competitive environment in which they operate; gain expertise in cost accounting system design
• Understand and be ready to apply the strategies that firms use to gain and sustain competitive advantage
• Analyze the performance of markets both for competing firms and in terms of social welfare
Thursday, 14th September / 13:30 – 18:00
Friday, 15th September / 13:30 – 18:00
Saturday 16th September / 13:30 – 18:00
Prof. Marco Ottaviani
Professor of Economics
Marco Ottaviani teaches Economics at Bocconi and Managerial Economics at SDA Bocconi. He recently returned to Italy after globe-trotting for some twenty years. After earning a doctorate from MIT, he became a tenured professor of economics at the London Business School and professor of management and strategy at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. His research focuses on information aggregation in markets and organizations. Recently, he has been working on the provision of incentives for information intermediaries, the development of prediction markets to improve corporate and public decision-making, and the rationale for government policies intended at protecting consumers.
Space is limited, book now at: email@example.com