USI EMBA participants are managers, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and start-up founders with significant professional experience from various types of organizations, companies, and institutions, whether gained locally or internationally. They recognize the importance of understanding and mastering the implications of ethical decision-making and sustainability in the global economy.
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and be willing to develop new knowledge, insights, and understanding relevant to their current and future positions. USI EMBA is seeking candidates with a passion for success, motivation to improve their competences, skills, and career paths. In special cases, applications based on outstanding professional experience will be considered.
All our students share a willingness to learn and grow. Their diverse backgrounds and experiences enhance classroom discussions and contribute to group work, resulting in the development of new perspectives and approaches.
USI EMBA prepares a new class of agile entrepreneurs and executives who are attentive to emerging trends and prospects. We equip our participants with the skills needed to become inspiring and creative leaders capable of effectively meeting the demands of the present without compromising the future and the opportunities it holds. Our curriculum nurtures their ability to think proficiently outside the box, create forward-looking strategies, and successfully implement them.
USI EMBA class profile averages typically reflect:
- 10 or more years of work experience in many sectors (Banking/Financial Services, Telecom, Industry, IT, Public Utilities, Public Administration, Engineering, Transportation, Energy, Real Estate and so on…).
- 6 or more years in a managerial position.
- From 30 to 55 years of age.
- A bachelor’s degree from many disciplines (Economics, Business Administration, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Humanities, Law & Political, Natural Sciences, Healthcare, Communication, Business & Technology and so on…) or the equivalent.
- 20% of the participants started their own business.
- 20% work for big companies (multinational and public).
- 20% work for small and medium enterprises.
- 25% work for Banks or financial institutions.
- 12% work in the public sector.
Candidates need a minimum of four years of full-time work experience; evidence of leadership experience or potential; letters of recommendation and a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. In special cases, applications based on professional qualifications may also be considered. Candidates will also be invited for an interview as part of the admission process.
The application file should include:
- Filled application form
- Essay showing the candidate’s motivation to attend the EMBA program
- 2 Letters of recommendation from supervisors or colleagues
- University (Bachelor) degree transcripts
The USI EMBA 13 starts in November 2024 and continues through May 2026. Classes are held in Lugano every month, for fourteen months and are taught in self learning and on site. One day in self learning and two consecutive days on site: Saturday and Sunday from 8.30am to 17.30pm.
The program consists of eleven core courses, one of these will be abroad (Boston, USA), two advanced courses and a three- month project work at the end of the program.
The program operates on a rolling admissions policy. Since class size is limited, candidates are advised to apply as early as possible. The course is starting on 15 November 2024.
The deadline for enrollment is 15 October 2024.
Get in touch with us today for further information.
Candidates meeting the admission criteria will be contacted for an interview (virtual or on site) a week after the admissions office has received the completed application package.
We offer a range of scholarships to attract top talent, including an Early Bird Discount of 10% for those who apply by mid-May 2024.
USI alumni also receive a 10% discount.
Contact us to know more: firstname.lastname@example.org