Join us for the rare opportunity to attend one of our EMBA courses for a day!
Have an espresso, take a tour of our state-of-the-art Executive MBA center, and talk with your future professors and current program participants.
This session we are offering three course options:
Problem Solving and Decision Making at Board Level
Problem Solving and Decision Making at a Board Level
• Learn what it means to be a board member and understand the managerial, behavioral, and financial implications of this role.
• How to make quick decisions in complex situations.
• Understand the logic and different types of owners in order to better predict the strategic behavior of the company
Thursday May 4th 10:00 -18:00
Friday May 5th 8:30 – 18:00
Saturday May 6th 8:30 – 18:00
Sunday May 7th 8:30 – 12:30
Prof. Bernardo Bertoldi teaches at the Department of Management at the University of Turin and at ESCP Europe London and Turin campus; after accomplishing his PhD (2003) in management and corporate finance, he focused his research activity on entrepreneurship and family capitalism.In 2007 he attended the EECPCL (European Entrepreneurship Colloquium on Participant Centered Learning) and the CWCD (Case Writing and Course Development Seminar)at Harvard Business School.
• Learn how to develop a vision and inscribe it into your organization’s culture.
• Energize and influence others when authority is lacking and conflict looms large.
• Learn how to build a network of trusted contacts across organizational roles and boundaries, and to make painful choices when needed. This course aims to increase the personal and situational awareness needed to both develop and deploy one’s leadership skills.
Thursday May 4th 13:30 -18:00
Friday May 5th 13:30 – 18:00
Saturday May 6th 13:30 – 18:00
Prof. Gianluca Carnabuci holds a Ph.D. in Social and Behavioral Sciences from the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands. He is Associate Professor of Organization and Management at the University of Lugano, Switzerland, and Professor at SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy. His research focuses on the role of collaboration, interpersonal relations and social networks on the performance of individuals and organizations. He has taught and teaches Organization Theory and Organizational Behavior at the undergraduate level; Networks and Organizations at the graduate level; Knowledge & Organization at the PhD level; Organizational Design, Change Management, Leadership and Negotiation at the executive and MBA level.
• Learn the most frequently used quantitative methods for analyzing data and solving decision problems.
• To use these methods to solve a number of business cases from a variety of contexts.
• To learn how to use Excel spreadsheets and other software to implement these quantitative methods.
Thursday May 4th 10:00 -12:30
Friday May 5th 8:30 – 12:30
Saturday May 6th 8:30 – 12:30
Sunday May 7th 8:30- 12:30
Prof. Kostis Christodoulou
Prof. Kostis Christodoulou has been teaching courses on Quantitative Methods, Decision Analysis, Business Statistics, Risk Management and Financial Modelling to MBA students and business executives at London Business School, City University Business School (where he received the MBA teaching award) and at ALBA Graduate Business School. He holds a Ph.D. in Decision Sciences from London Business School, a M.Sc. in Mathematics & Operations Research from the London School of Economics and a ΒΑ in Mathematics & Computer Science from Swarthmore College.